Sunday, November 2, 2014

Who Knew The Word Strapless Could Be So Funny

I cannot tell you how much I love all of these people. Love. Love. Love.

For the last 20 years we have been a part of a "Flocks" group. It started as a community/bible study group at our old church. The church is large, with many people attending on any given Sunday and that means that it is harder to get to know people on a more intimate level. Hence, "Flocks" groups, which were designed to bring smaller groups of people together. We had just started going to the church and the parents of TMO's BFF asked us if we would like to join.

I said yes....reluctantly. We didn't know anyone in the group except for Sue and Jim and we didn't even know THEM all that well. We all had small children so we met once a month at different people's houses and we endeavored to forge a group that knew each other, that cared for each other, that prayed for each other.

And we have continued to meet, once a month (except for a small gap of time) for the past 20 years. Our kids have all grown up. Half of us go to a different church now (including HHBL and I). There have been moves and changes and illnesses and other life things and through all of that we have cared for each other.

Our "official" monthly meeting was last week. But we decided to have an "impromptu" evening of OSU football and games this weekend too after another group outing planned for the day fell through. I ate too much. I talked til I was horse. And I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. Watching a man try to figure out how to draw a picture that depicts the word "strapless" just insures laughter.

P.S. I didn't take this picture, Lynelle did. I stole it from FB. Sorry Lynelle, I am a picture thief. She still loves me though.

 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, fun-loving Flock of friends you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should have a flock. ;) Popping in from NaBloPoMo to wish you the best on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.