Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Photo: Hydrangea

2014-11-08 13.52.33

When we moved into Chez Knit last year I knew that there was a bank of some sort of flowery thing planted under the front windows, but I wasn’t sure exactly what it was because the house had been empty for over a year and the landscaping crew that does all the outside plant maintenance didn’t seem to care that the deer yuck patooie! had eaten the plants, whatever they were, down to the stalks, leaving a leaf or two but nothing else. I was puzzled and more than a bit annoyed. But I had an idea that what was there might be hydrangeas. So, I started spraying with deer begone and hoped. And this year I was rewarded with a huge bank of Hydrangea that bloomed madly all summer and into the fall. Now the blossoms are all dry and brown and just fabulously beautiful. Yesterday I went out and cut all of them. I am not sure what I am going to do with them but it will be something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.