Friday, September 19, 2014

7 Quick Takes (Vol 277)

7_quick_takes_sm1

Greetings from crazytown. Remember, when you are done dosing yourself with the blather you need to click on the picture above to be whisked, faster than Scotland’s fleeting attempt at freedom, over to Conversion Diary to see what else is going on.

Blather that even Scotland can’t say no to.

1.
I have not been grocery shopping in two weeks folks. My brain may explode in a little mushy pop. For most of the past 29 years I have gone to the grocery store on Monday morning. Every Monday morning unless we were out of town. It didn’t matter if the progeny were just babies, we went on Monday morning. There was a time when I would have one in a baby carrier and two in a cart and I would be pulling a cart with groceries in it….but we were there on Monday.

Now I work on Monday.

No grocery shopping happens on that day.

Saturday has now become my grocery shopping day. But last Saturday I was doing this……

2014-09-13 13.29.35

Is that not the most fab color for bridesmaids!

So naturally I didn’t go grocery shopping.

And then we went out of town.

SO here it is Friday and we had to stop on the way home from work last night because we had no milk and no bread.

This work thing is messing with my schedule.

And the worst part is that we are out of ibuprophen. That is bad. I need my 4 ibuprophen before I go to bed so that in the morning I don’t feel like I am an achy pile of post menopausal crabbiness.

Yes, I said I take 4 ibuprophen at a time. Don’t send me emails please. It is OK to take that many if you have a doctor’s OK.

2.
We took Max to the office yesterday for the first time.

2014-02-18 12.15.06

He did fabulously so we are going to do it again today.

Yesterday we really didn’t have a choice in the matter. He had to be picked up at the kennel, which is a 40 minute drive from Chez Knit (I know!) and I didn’t have time to pick him up, take him all the way home and then go back to the office. I already had food and water bowls there for him and he just checked everyone and everything out and then flopped on the floor with a big sigh and went to sleep.

Everyone who came into the office loved it.

And the EXTRA SPECIAL plus is that there is a wooded area where I can walk him and I DON’T HAVE TO PICK UP THE POOP.

Winning!

3.

2014-09-16 10.50.20

I am fascinated and obsessed with the panorama option on my phone.

This is the WWII memorial in DC (obviously).

Seriously obsessed.

4.
I know that Fall is almost upon us because I have begun to sleep like a bear in hibernation. It may also be because the sun doesn’t come up as early and shine right into our bedroom, thereby waking me up at an hour that makes even me, the early riser, rather unhappy.

But it is more that that.

I am dead to the world once my brain shuts off.

Now if I can just keep myself from eating everything in sight in preparation for hibernation I will be doing OK.

5.
You know what is fun about going on a short trip.

Vacation eating.

2014-09-16 12.26.30

Falafel schwarma with all sorts of “extras” like beets and pickles sauce and Oh be still my beating heart.

It was delicious. And the falafel store owners was hilarious.

We also ate at this place, which is TMO’s favorite

Founding Farmers

I had the Mushroom Meunier with risotto. Mother of all that is holy and good was it delicious.

6.
I have SO many photos to edit and stories to tell you guys. How am I going to get it all done?

You do what to hear the stories right?

Cuz I have a few to tell.

7.
Instagram. Because it is what I do.

2014-09-12 19.24.112014-09-12 20.27.37-22014-09-13 13.09.172014-09-13 13.29.352014-09-13 14.07.162014-09-14 17.10.062014-09-15 11.19.43-22014-09-15 13.48.202014-09-15 19.16.132014-09-16 08.51.21-22014-09-16 08.58.49-2

1 comment:

  1. that picture of the ringbearers is too much adorable. Really. And the one of the cheeseburger has had me salivating for a burger ever since I saw it on your FB feed the other day. *yum* sadly, the boy child wants to go out for sushi tonight, where they do not have cheeseburgers. But they do have tempura which is good since I don't do raw fish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.