Thursday, December 19, 2013

That Is Four Eyes To You

The day has finally arrived.

The time has finally come.

2013-12-19 11.51.01

I officially have glasses that I am supposed to wear all the time.

Oh guys this is going to take a bit of getting used to. After having them for a total of 6 hours now I have come to several conclusions.

1. It is really, really, really nice not to have to take my cheaters off the top of my head ten thousand times a day so that I can read something or work on something. This is especially true in the car.

2. Having these things on all the time plays havoc with my depth perception at times. When I am walking out and about it almost feels like I am going to step off a curb or something. It threw me off several times in various parking lots today and I am sure that the other store patrons, who are already crabby, weren’t all that thrilled by the crazy haired woman who stopped in the middle of the row and made sure she wasn’t going to fall down a rabbit hole or something.

3. I had to have Chick-fil-A today to celebrate.

4. The “seamless” lenses are definitely different and will take some adjustment on my part. Different parts of the lenses are for different distances.

5. Right now I have a bit of a headache, which I was expecting. This will get better. And my friends in the “eye field” tell me that my eyes will eventually train themselves to use the glasses efficiently.

6. My biggest fear?………Losing these things. It isn’t like I can just go to Walgreens and buy another pair. But if they are on my face all the time then I guess it won’t be an issue…..I hope. But you know I am going to have a spare pair of cheaters in my purse just in case.

I sorta……….

Kinda………

Like them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you SOOO much for commenting. We bloggers, of which I am such a minnow in such a big pond, live for our comments.